Thursday, September 03, 2015

these are all the many changes in my life

"Lady, I'm your knight in shining armor and I love you"
when i was twelve, a guy eight years my senior began to show his interest in me.  i didn't think i was pretty.  i still don't.  he used to sing this song to me, along with Changes In My Life, another hit in the 80s.
"I was not so happy, being lonely, living without you"
maybe if i wasn't so eager to have a relationship then, i would've realized that he could've been sued because of his attraction to me.  i was a minor, after all.  i just looked like i couldn't wait to grow up.  if only i knew then.  thankfully, he didn't try to make a pass at me.  he only made secret glances from afar.   the song still brings a smile to my face whenever i hear it, and he is still the first one who comes to mind.

i may have been young then, and infatuated with the idea of love, but i'm glad you respected me, because i was young, and you treated me like a lady.  it all went downhill after that.