Saturday, May 09, 2015

what i found when i did: the walls that misunderstanding built

The Tower of Misunderstanding
by Dino Ignacio

Once upon a time, there was a beautiful princess.  She lived in a beautiful castle in a kingdom faraway.  But she was locked up in a tower:  the TOWER OF MISUNDERSTANDING.  with every time she was MISUNDERSTOOD by her loved ones, her friends, her peers, a magical brick grew and these bricks of MISUNDERSTANDING formed the tower. 

Words of this reached a young prince from another kingdom who so filled with love, journeyed far and wide to rescue the princess.  Upon reaching the tower, he shouts:

"My princess I shall free you"

He pulls out his sword, the sword of understanding and bashes away at the bricks one by one, the bricks crumble and fall.

"my princess, I love you, let me take you away from all this."

"I am sorry my sweet prince but I cannot join you"

"I don't understand. Why? I don't understand!", cries the prince and two bricks grow

"I cannot join you for i have other things to see and other places to go"

The prince cries, "I don't understand. I don't understand.  I don't understand. I DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!!" until the princess was trapped in a tower much taller and more massive than the last one.  He again pulls out his sword and tries to bash at the bricks, but they do not fall  for it was his misunderstanding that caused them. 

From atop the tower,the princess cries:

"free me if you truly love."

upon realizing his mistake, he pulls out a small dagger: The DAGGER OF ACCEPTANCE, and with one slash,the bricks disappear, and the princess walks off into the distance.

THE END