Wednesday, November 06, 2013

not the meaningful relationship this time

i remember when i was younger and before i got this post with Nathan, i made a request with God for a meaningful relationship when i thought that nothing was happening to my career until i got tired and just gave up.  i am better off alone anyway.  i have made peace with that fact and am very much focused on my career now.

Lord, i don't need a relationship.  You have been taking great care of that i don't need anything anymore.  i don't mind being alone.  i would like to thank You for all that You have given me.  i would like to have this post, please?  i would rather have that than the boy who will only amuse me but break my heart. i am too old to act like a giddy high school girl.   yes, i would rather the post than the meaningful relationship this time, but i will take what You will give me.  it is not mine, but Your will be done.

This youthful heart can love you and give you what you need
This youthful heart can love you and give you what you need
But I'm too old to go chasing you around
Wasting my precious energy

no more distractions, no matter how interesting and amusing they may be.