Wednesday, October 16, 2013

angry girl journal 10.16.2013

they say that nothing sounds sweeter to a person than the sound of his/her name. that's why in some cultures they actually think it's more condescending when you call them "madam" or "sir", like you were being sarcastic or something.

my mother took this picture of me for my first year high school id:

 photo bels1styrHSID_zps12abfa20.jpg

ah, i was so much younger then . . .

don't get me wrong, i love my name. it's just that when people call you by your full name, it meant you were in trouble, like when someone proposes marriage or reads you your rights before they cuff you. i prefer people address me as just, "bels".  i only call people by their full names when i'm mad at them, when i'm trying to make a point, or when i'm pretty much solidifying how much i love them.  this means that i only reserve that right to call me by my full name to only those whom i hold dear to my heart, like a license.  otherwise, you have to earn that right, like everyone else.  besides, if they cannot spell it correctly, then i'd rather not.  bels is just easier to remember, and even then, a lot of people still can't get it right.  so  . . .

that's b - e - l - s  for you :)