Saturday, August 31, 2013

a very insightful movie behind the man

 photo Jobs-movie-poster_zpsa66cfa37.jpg

when Steve Jobs died, i wasn't one of the people who pretended to be sad for his death.  i didn't read up on him and i didn't own anything that was produced by Apple. i even went as far as saying that their products are anti-social tools:  I-pod, I-pad, I-phone, etc. etc. ad infinitum. while they're pretty neat gadgets that allow you to be self-sufficient especially when boredom kicks in the presence of other people, they do have a tendency to make you, well,  rude.  people who use these things, and the social media, they're rude.  they forget that they're with other people and lose their manners.  anyway, this is not the fault of Mr. Jobs, i apologize.

Ashton Kutcher was a revelation. his performance made me appreciate the life of the man behind the ideas.  it made me respect him.  i still feel that way about the gadgets but i have a newfound respect for the man.  i didn't get to read the book and it kept me hanging a bit, but for someone who just got introduced to the man, this will do.