Sunday, March 31, 2013

keeping the faith and loving the music

i kept thinking about what i was going to do for the Lenten Season, seeing i can't work (i could but it would be insubordination)  and worrying about a repeat-offender friend miss work was already stressful so i decided to check out the free Jars of Clay concert.  it was held near the place where i worked but i wasn't tempted to drop by anymore.

 photo JarsOfClay_zps6f6d3f87.jpg

it was amazing.  i didn't catch them when they were here the first time so i made sure i didn't miss them now.

 photo Jars-of-Clay-Live-in-Manila-2013-FREE-Concert_zps926a9fa6.png

i felt bad i was late.  or that i didn't know all of their songs.  but i was pretty sure i was more animated than the "polite" people sitting in front of them.  i would've stood up and enjoyed the music.  so i enjoyed the music from afar.

a colleague saw me, as the venue was really near to where i worked and asked if i was a Christian.  i was there to watch a Christian rock concert, after all.  i told her that while i was an unconventional non-practicing Catholic, my relationship with my Creator was unique.  and i was always a big fan of rock music, secular or otherwise.  it made me miss NU107 too.  it was the station that introduced me to the band's music.

the band gave an acoustic encore performance.  it was an awesome set.  Steve and Chad even joked about being old and how their brains worked like hard drives, where if you enter new information, the old ones get archived.  they are a fun band to watch.  i hope they come back soon.


If I was not so weak
If I was not so cold
If I was not so scared of being broken
Growing old
I would be...
I would be...
I would be...
 . . . frail

Frail, Jars Of Clay