Wednesday, January 02, 2013

2013, you should be nice to me

a few years ago, Erwin Romulo dedicated an article about Morrissey to me.  i vaguely remember it now.  i can't say i'm big as a fan of Morrissey and The Smiths as he was, but the way he wrote it was so interestingly beautiful that if i weren't a fan then, after the reading the column, i'd be a fan now.  i do like some of their songs, but this one is my favorite.


Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want
The Smiths

Good times for a change
see, the luck I've had
can make a good man
turn bad

So please please please
let me, let me, let me
let me get what I want
this time

Haven't had a dream in a long time
see, the life I've had
can make a good man bad

So for once in my life
let me get what I want
Lord knows it would be the first time
Lord knows it would be the first time 

in The Alchemist, Paolo Coehlo said that when you want something, all the universe conspires to help you achieve it.  i've wanted so many things in life i didn't get, and really worked hard for most of them, too, so maybe you could say that the universe has been conspiring really hard to make my life miserable or maybe the universe doesn't want to throw me a bone.

according to Chinese astrology, 2013 is the year of the water snake and i was born in the year of the snake too.  so i'm really hoping things would take off this year.  seriously. i don't need much.  just good health.  protection from harm.  strength.  guidance.  peace of mind. happiness and love.

love. love. love.