Wednesday, March 28, 2012

angry girl journal 03.28.2012


I’ve been hearing this song a lot. They used it for the movie Hunger Games and it’s quite different from the other songs that she put out. It’s also the song that’s been playing in my head since the almost-break in last weekend. I am hoping someone would sing it to me, to reassure me that everything will be alright, even when it’s not.


Safe & Sound
Taylor Swift featuring The Civil Wars


I remember tears streaming down your face 
When I said, "I'll never let you go" 
When all those shadows almost killed your light 
I remember you said, "Don't leave me here alone" 
But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight 

Just close your eyes 
The sun is going down 
You'll be alright 
No one can hurt you now 
Come morning light 
You and I'll be safe and sound 

Don't you dare look out your window, darling, 
Everything's on fire 
The war outside our door keeps raging on 
Hold on to this lullaby  
Even when the music's gone 
Gone 

Just close your eyes 
The sun is going down 
You'll be alright 
No one can hurt you now 
Come morning light 
You and I'll be safe and sound 

Just close your eyes 
You'll be alright 
Come morning light, 
You and I'll be safe and sound...

I’m glad you stayed with me. I feel safer with you around. I just can’t sleep.