Wednesday, December 28, 2011

eroticism makes for good poetry

"like anyone would be
i am flattered by your fascination with me
like any hot blooded woman
i have simply wanted an object to crave

but you, you're not allowed
you're uninvited
an unfortunate slight . . . "
Uninvited, Alanis Morissette
City of Angels OST


it has been said that a vampire cannot enter a person's house without any invitation as the home serves as a sanctuary and automatically gives protection from any outside demonic influences. once invited in, however, the gateway has been opened and the vampire is free to come and go as he pleases.

that is why i cannot invite you to my house. whether or not you are serious about your offer, i honestly don't know who the vampire and who the prey is anymore, between us. i really don't know how to react. now that i've thought about it, this thing we have, whatever it is, has been going on for a year now. i might want to actually do it.

minus a few grammatical errors, you really know how to mess with my head and other parts of my anatomy without actually touching me. i do have a very vivid imagination.

which gets me to thinking: am i only for that deed only? why was it okay for Jade and Link to think i would be good enough for bed but not good enough to be a lifetime companion? am i just a sex object? if i am just that, then why don't YOU find me desirable? if i am indeed desirable, how come the only ones who think so are the ones who cannot be with me anymore?

i really like the way you play with my head. i really like you period. but i can't. i don't think i can, not anymore anyway. i am still very much tempted but i will still very much decline.