Friday, July 22, 2011

here's where the story ends . . .

You knew this was coming, didn’t you?

Surprise, surprise.

“ . . . I’ve never been too good with names but I remember faces . . . “
– It’s a Shame about Ray, The Lemonheads

I believe there is a reason why people cross paths. You can learn something from them or they can learn something from you. Every time I meet someone I realize something about myself. If I don’t, I always hope that meeting me changed the other person in a way. Just like when people experience things, it’s always for a reason. Good or bad, it changes you, tries to make a different, hopefully, better person out of you. So we should always embrace the change, no matter how difficult it may be. The reason will present itself in time.

So I am leaving in the hope that somehow I have made some minuscule difference in your lives. That our encounters, good or bad, perpetual or fleeting, may have taught you something, as I know I have learned from you; that I, no matter how minimal, was able to help you, the same way you all have helped me. If I ever offended you in any way, it came with the territory and I apologize. I am grateful to all of you for all that I have learned and experienced. I will never forget that. You have made this angst-ridden soul’s life a little more meaningful and a lot less sadder. Maybe even a little saner.

I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately,
I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life,
To put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die
Discover that I had not lived
- Dead Poets Society

I’ve never really been good at saying goodbyes; it causes incessant secretion from my tear glands, so I won’t.

“. . . well, I’ve been afraid of changing ‘cause I built my world around you . . . “
- Landslide


(my full name)
Executive Assistant
Princess of RCBC
Goddess of Shaw

*this was the last email i sent everyone in the office yesterday morning, before they deactivated my access.