Monday, January 24, 2011

wining (not whining!) and dining

Photobucket

My boss and I, along with a few friends, went out for a seven-course dinner at the Wine Depot a few hours earlier tonight. It was my first time to do that. My boss Tina and my friend Luzille are wine drinkers and they go to wine tasting events every now and then. Luzille even gave me a book about wines when she came back from Las Vegas. It would’ve been helpful for this dinner, if I read it. I wanted to, I just didn’t have the time to read it. That, and I forgot to bring it home.

Photobucket
first course

Photobucket
second course

Photobucket
third course

Photobucket
fourth course

I don't have a picture of the fifth course because we gobbled all of it before anyone can take a picture. portobellos are sooo delicious.

Photobucket
sixth course

Dessert was pear with brie and vanilla. We were so stuffed to take pictures.

Anyway, it was a very wonderful experience. The sixth course, the steak, was enough to feed me for the next two days. Plus I learned to appreciate wine, not just the sweet dessert wines that you can buy from the convenience store, but real wine to go with your food. Wine has more alcoholic content than beer, but it is far healthier for you to drink. There’s an initial kick that goes with it, but then afterwards, your head’s in a breeze.

I could get used to this. Getting all made up and dressed up for a dinner. I was a girly-girl tonight. Drinking wine. And I got to go out with good friends.

It's also nice to write about positive things for a change. HA!