Sunday, October 03, 2010

briskwalking around the State U - yosi anyone?

this morning i went jogging with Maki. we've been talking about doing this for a long time and i finally went with him. i woke up really early.

i was trying to pace myself. and scout the place. i haven't gone running in a while and the last thing i wanted to do was to strain myself and not be able to go to work the next day. i figured i'd just walk for a while and maybe two Sundays later be able to jog the whole course.

so many people jogging there and i was walking the opposite direction. i never did conform to anything. and i think i've mentioned here more than once that i like watching people, sometimes more than i do actually talking to them.

Maki just wouldn't stop making fun of me. give me two more Sundays, and i might be able to make you eat my dust, brother.

walking around the university like that made me think that i'm glad i never made it to that school, that i studied somewhere else. otherwise, i may have had a different life, met different people and would've had a different set of friends. i might not even be jogging with Maki but with somebody else. and i love Maki. i love my friends now. i love my life now. it may not be the best life, it may not be that perfect, but i love my life.

of course, jogging, err, briskwalking made me come to terms with my mortality - i'm not that fast anymore, and i tire easily. i can always say i didn't stretch enough or that i haven't been running in a while or that i'm just a bad smoker period.

breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out.

no, i didn't really require a wheelchair afterwards.

but i may need to cut down on those cigarettes. damn.